The ProFlight Professional headset was developed for 10 years with military engineers and more than 30 years of research.
More than 30 design and utility patents registered in the USA for the ProFlight. The ProFlight is specifically designed with airline and professional pilots in mind who fly on moderately noisy machines. The first technical innovation is that the ANR system designed by Bose now allows to customize the ANR according to its environment. The Proflight headset is a very comfortable headset only 139g on your head. The shape of the ProFlight helmet is unique and its intra-aural tips are not intrusive and annoying as traditional. The headset meets FAA TSO and EASA E / TSO C139A standards.
* ANR headset with 3 user-selectable active noise cancelling mode : HIGH (Maximum quiet and noise cancellation across the entire spectrum. Best signal to noise ratio for radio and intercom communications) - MEDIUM (Optimized mode for quieter aircraft) - LOW (Best for interpersonal communication outside of the intercom).
* Tap control system for Talk-Through communication : when you need to focus on interpersonal communication coming from a specific direction, you can automatically set noise cancelling to Low on single earbud by firmly double-tapping the earbud.
* use 2 AA batteries - battery life 45 hours (25 hours when Bluetooth is active)
* aircraft audio mode : Set sensitivity/volume of intercom audio. NOTE: Low is -12 dB
* Bluetooth with audio prioritization to mix or mute wireless audio with intercom transmissions (connect your mobile device using the Bose connect app Apple or Google Play)
* auto-off : Power off automatically after 3 to 45 minutes of inactivity
* GA plug
* mono/stereo mode
* weight 139g
Accessories included :
* 3 sizes of StayHear+ Sport tips (S, M, L)
* control module holder
* 2 AA batteries
* carrying case
* clip cable
* multilingual manual : English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese
What is the difference between the ProFlight and A20 headsets?
They are completely different headsets and have different fundamental architectures, although they share features like Bluetooth capability, selectable stereo/mono and auto-on/auto-off. The A20 features an around-ear design and is meant for noisier aircraft, such as non-pressurized single-engine models. The ProFlight features a headbanded, in-ear design and is meant for crewed aircraft, typically pressurized and less noisy, like most jets.Do the Bose A20 Aviation Headset and Bose ProFlight Aviation Headset offer the same level of noise reduction?
No. The Bose A20 Aviation Headset delivers significantly greater noise reduction compared to the ProFlight headset. However, the ProFlight is significantly smaller, lighter and is designed for quieter aircraft.Can I comfortably wear glasses with the Bose ProFlight Aviation Headset?
Yes. The side pads rest slightly behind and above the ear, which allows the user to put on and remove eyeglasses without touching the headset. You can wear any frames you want without affecting noise reduction or comfort.Can I use rechargeable batteries?
Rechargeable batteries are discouraged because your flying-time battery life will be reduced from the 45-hour life, depending on the type of battery chemistry used. Rechargeable batteries also alter the accuracy of the battery status indicator light, so that when the light changes to amber, you will have less than the usual eight hours of flying time remaining that you can expect with non-rechargeable AA alkaline batteries. Can I use lithium-ion batteries?
Lithium-ion batteries should not be used due to their typically higher voltage. What is TSO, and why is it important?
A Technical Standard Order (TSO) is a minimum performance standard for specified materials, parts and appliances used on civil aircraft. When a company is authorized to manufacture a material, part or appliance to a TSO standard, this is referred to as TSO authorization. When a company receives a TSO authorization, it is assured that the product meets these minimums in both design and production. Bose Corporation meets all and exceeds many TSO requirements. Receiving a TSO authorization is not an approval to install and use the authorized article in the aircraft.